ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
ISO 45001 is an international standard used by organizations that want to reduce /manage the risks related to occupational health and safety at workplace by implementation and certification of occupational health and safety management system.
In any organization, employees and other stakeholders may be exposed to occupational health and safety risks associated with its activities/processes. ISO 45001 provides framework to assess, monitor& effectively manage the risks, so that the organization can improve performance, promote safety and healthy work place to ensure a safe working environment, compliance and maintaining a good reputation, and a culture of prevention among employees.
Certification of occupational health & safety management efforts for a better employee’s risk management (accidents, incidents and occupational diseases) and the improvement of employee’s performance considerable.
The benefits of ISO 45001 Certification are:
- Endorse Organization commitment on Occupational Health & Safety by effective OHSAS management system
- Increased customer confidence, the community, employees and the Authorities
- International Recognition of Certification improve organisation image and reputation
- Advantage over business competitors
- Ensures transparency and effectiveness of occupational health and safety management by translating the results of risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc. action plans to minimize the risk of accidents and reduce working costs by the number of days of sick leave due to accidents and illness of employees.
- Helps in identification of hazards that may result from subcontracting activities or in relationships with suppliers, customers and taking appropriate measures to protect them
- Build trust among legal authorities on compliance with applicable legislation.